BCIS (formerly INS) NSEERS Special Registration for Non-Immigrant Visitors

UPDATE: Pakistani and Saudi Arabian visitors to the U.S. who fall under certain criteria must register in person at anBCIS (formerly INS) Service Center between January 13, 2003 and February 21, 2003.

The information below is for Pakistan and Saudi Arabian nationals. For registration procedures for nationals from the other countries required to register under the NSEERS program, click here.

Where should I register?
You must register at a designatedBCIS (formerly INS) office.

What will happen at the BCIS (formerly INS) office?
You will be photographed, fingerprinted and interviewed under oath. The documents you bring with you will be reviewed for authenticity.

What documents should I bring?
-your passport
-your I-94 form
-any other forms of government-issued ID
-proof of where you are staying

Can I bring my attorney?
You are allowed to have your attorney present at your registration proceeding.

Who is required to register?
You are required to register if:

  • you are a national or citizen of Pakistan or Saudi Arabia and
  • were INSpected by the Immigration and Naturalization Service and
  • last admitted to the United States as a nonimmigrant on or before September 30, 2002; and
  • if you are a male, born on or before January 13, 1987, and
  • if you did not have an application for asylum pending on December 18, 2002, or
  • if you are not otherwise exempt as described in the attached questions and answers; and
  • if you will be in the United States at least until February 21, 2003.

What will happen if I don't comply?
You may considered to be out of status and deportable. You may be subject to arrest, detention, fines, and/or removal from the United States. Any future application for an immigration benefit from the U.S. may be adversely impacted.

What else do I need to do?

If you remain in the United States for more than 1 additional year, you must report back to a designatedBCIS (formerly INS) office within 10 days of the anniversary of the date on which you first registered. For example, if you were registered January 20, 2003, you would report back between January 10 and January 30, 2004.

If you change your address, employment, or educational institution, you must notify the BCIS (formerly INS) in writing within 10 days of the change, using Form AR-11 SR.

If you leave the United States, you must appear in person before anBCIS (formerly INS) INSpecting officer at one of the designated ports and leave the United States from that port on the same day.

For more information on Special Registration and the NSEERS program, go to the BCIS (formerly INS) official website,