The National Security Entry-Exit Program, or NSEERS, requires temporary foreign visitors from 25 countries to register in person with the USCIS (formerly INS) if they have stayed in the US for more than 30 days. Visitors must also provide change of address, change of school, or change of employment within ten days of their move, must re-register one year to the date of their entry and every year thereafter, and arrange an exit interview upon their departure from the United States. Failure to comply with these requirements without a reasonable excuse may lead to removal and/or fine and/or imprisonment. SEE FAQ BELOW.

DECEMBER 2003 UPDATE: Changes to NSEERS Program

Nationals or citizens of the following countries may be eligible for special registration:

If you are a citizen or national of: Download the following information sheet:

(Adobe pdf format)
  • Pakistan
  • Saudi Arabia
(or click here)
  • Bangladesh
  • Egypt
  • Indonesia
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait

  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Libya
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • OMAN

Frequently Asked Questions about Special Registration

Where should I register?
You must register at a designated USCIS (formerly INS) office.

What will happen at the USCIS (formerly INS) office?
You will be photographed, fingerprinted and interviewed under oath. The documents you bring with you will be reviewed for authenticity.

What documents should I bring?
-your passport
-your I-94 form
-any other forms of government-issued ID
-proof of where you are staying

Can I bring my attorney?
You are allowed to have your attorney present at your registration proceeding.

What will happen if I don't comply?
You may considered to be out of status and deportable. You may be subject to arrest, detention, fines, and/or removal from the United States. Any future application for an immigration benefit from the U.S. may be adversely impacted.

What else do I need to do?

If you remain in the United States for more than 1 additional year, you must report back to a designated USCIS (formerly INS) office within 10 days of the anniversary of the date on which you first registered. For example, if you were registered January 20, 2003, you would report back between January 10 and January 30, 2004.

If you change your address, employment, or educational institution, you must notify the USCIS (formerly INS) in writing within 10 days of the change, using Form AR-11 SR.

If you leave the United States, you must appear in person before an inspecting officer at one of the designated ports and leave the United States from that port on the same day.

For more information on Special Registration and the NSEERS program, go to the USCIS (formerly INS) official website,




Immigration Updates

All About The
Green Card Lottery

Investing in or starting a business in Miami?

Starting a Business in Miami

Click here for our Miami business guide!

Licenses, fees, incorporation, business brokers, and more!